FireDos Water Proportioning Systems mix water and foam or gel to spray on fires or slow the advance of a fire. They are powered by water pressure and do not require any additional power source.
FireDos then delivers the water/foam or water/gel mixture to firefighter’s hose system for application on a fire or as a fire retardant.
How it Works
The water motor and proportioning pump are connected to each other via a coupling.
Increasing water flow through the pump results in more foam or gel being added. The proportioning rate selected by the user always remains constant.
A 3-way ball-valve can be used to change from a proportioning to a flushing operation. This directs water from the extinguishing water line at over-pressure through the proportioning pump, and switches off proportioning.
- Proportioning systems are powered by water flow. They do not require any additional power source, computer devices, parts or components to operate.
- Operates on a flow-proportional basis
- Not affected by pressure fluctuations, length or diameter of hose and discharge devices
- Easy to install and use
- Virtually maintenance free
- Flow rates from 3 gpm to 5280 gpm – ratios from 0.1% to 6%
- One proportioning system handles Class A, Class B and Gel agents – Flexibility
- FireDos Units can be supplied for operation at maximum operating pressures of 145, 232, 363 or 580 psi
- Can be used in stationary firefighting systems, on fire engines and aerial apparatus, as well as mobile units.